It’s already happening: Four cities, almost 30 days, and over 100 shows, New York Fashion Week, which has already given way to models collapsing from the Roosevelt Island heat at the unfeeling hands of Yeezy, the likely union of Gigi Hadid and Tommy Hilfiger, and Tom Ford doing fast fashion right, is sliding into exhaustive fashion month. In honor of the biannual spectacle, here are new essentials for getting through the grind, even if you couldn’t care less about the Spring ’17 collections, with a focus on brands people are buzzing about outside the shows and alongside the runway, as well as the mind-numbing fatigue that comes with all this fashion.
1. Fenty Puma by Rihanna Super Long-Sleeve Crewneck Crop Top: Merchandise master Rihanna’s latest collection for Puma, this time upgraded and thus, significantly more expensive than the previous season’s creepers, is flying off the shelves. This top, with sleeves as long as it is cropped, is neutral enough for you to put your own stylistic spin on it.
2. Hill & Friends Happy Tweency Holographic Textured-Leather Shoulder Bag: The micro-bag is going strong as ever, so upgrade your collection with a very shiny one determined to add some holographic zing to fall’s dullest neutrals.
3. Laurence Dacade Laurence Leather Ankle Boots: Colorful statement shoes are a dime a dozen outside the shows. Instead, opt for a hefty pair of black Chelsea boots that will go with everything you own. Bonus: The chunky front platform eases the pitch and therefore, your potential foot pain.
4. Eugenia Kim Rain Faux Fur-Trimmed Cableknit Wool Beanie: Buy this cozy, rainbow pompom-topped knit hat now and save it as a pick-me-up to look forward to wearing once the temperature drops.
5. Dior Rouge Dior Couture Color Lipstick in Poison Matte: Transgressive goth-dark lipstick isn’t just for rule-breakers now. Dior’s new shade is actually the unofficial lip color of the season, so go dark or don’t bother.
6. SOPHNET. Camouflage Side-Panel Pullover Hoodie: SOPHNET.’s freshly released line of military uniform-inspired sporty basics is just obscure enough to not blend into what the rest of the fashion crowd is wearing, at least for the time being.
7. Palace Skateboards Clipper Bag: Long days traipsing all around town mean you’ll inevitably have a bunch of shit to carry around. London-based Palace Skateboards keeps it streetwise and sporty with this logo-loving backpack.
8. Off-White Black Cordura Hiking Boots: Flamboyant sneakers are street-style bait and therefore, a fashion week mainstay – which is why you should go another route: the deceptively high-fashion hiking boot.
9. Supreme Dash Snow Skateboard Set: All the news that’s maybe not fit to print: The collaboration-crazy – and fashion world-endorsed – brand borrows the work of late artist Dash Snow for their latest decks, a set of three to mix and match or more likely, display.
10. Oasis Sativa Disposable Cartridge Pure Organic Cannabis Oil Pen: When that triple espresso isn’t cutting it, count on this sativa pen to put a little spring in your bedraggled step. Good to go just about anywhere, cannabis oil pens offer maximum effect with minimal fuss.
11. Reshoevn8r Sneaker Wipes: Even if you’re opting out of sneakers for the moment, these wipes, specifically designed to clean and preserve kicks with a “patented sneaker laundry system” (a little cryptic, but it sounds good), are good to have on hand.
12. Juice Press Glo Raw Juice Blend: Feeling not so glow-y after all those post-fashion show parties? Or a little low on energy because you did shots all night with your friends at the dive bar down the street, without knowing anything of fashion week? Either way, Juice Press’ blend of citrus elixirs can be your first step on the road to temporary recovery.
13. Shiseido Bio-Performance LiftDynamic Cream Eye Treatment: If you’re also looking a little haggard below the eyes – and aren’t we all? – you might as well help them out with Shiseido’s new concoction, made to restore the look of elasticity and moisture in your face’s most delicate area.
14. LinearFlux Lithium Pro Microusb Charger: Some things in life, like death, taxes and your phone battery eventually crapping out, are unnegotiable facts. Ward off the inevitable, whether you have an iPhone or Android, with the help of this high-powered micro-USB charger.
15. Beats x Alexander Wang Studio Headphones: Nothing will make you yearn to create your own walking cocoon like all the decked-out doofuses postured outside the shows, sans tickets, in hopes of getting their photo snapped and slapped on the internet. Tune them out in style with Alex Wang’s black-and-gold pair of Beats.