Everyone knows Labor Day, the holiday that pays tribute to the contributions of workers and always falls on the first Monday in September, is the unofficial “last day of summer”—which means it makes for the last three-day party weekend before going back to school. Even if you can’t remember the last time you were saved by the bell, that “new year, fresh start” feeling that sets in right after the holiday is ingrained. But let’s hold off on that for now. Here’s to an Indian summer, keeping in mind the real last day of the season is September 21, definitely wearing white after Labor Day, not working too hard and never not feeling like a kid come the end of August.
1. Born x Raised Break Up T-Shirt: This shirt pretty much sums up the phases of feelings experienced upon realizing the summer is over. Bargain all weekend long, and then prepare to accept what’s next on the horizon.
2. Youth Machine 6ixies Cap: Youth Machine’s campy, diabolical riff on Drake’s trademark “6 prayer hands” is the perfect match for a clean, crisp cap that begs to get a little dirtied up.
3. Adidas Originals Stan Smith Primeknit: Did you know pale pink has unofficially been christened the must-have color of the fall season? Well, it is, making for a welcome unexpected twist on the autumn palette.
4. Porter Day Pack Backpack: Every fresh school year warrants the purchase of an even fresher backpack. In honor of their 80th anniversary, the famed Japanese luggage brand teamed up with Off-White for a limited-edition design that demands to be filled with your stash of party tricks.
5. Smith & Cult Nail Polish in Fauntleroy: Soft pink becomes just a little gritty when it’s tinged with lavender, and Dineh Mojaer’s (she’s the one who founded Hard Candy back in the ʼ90s) line gets the shade just right, for a girly-meets-grunge vibe.
6. Kara Nano Tie Leather-Trimmed Shearling Shoulder Bag: The mini bag is still going strong, and while it might be a little early for fluffy shearling, when it’s delivered in a powdery pastel palette, it feels totally transitional.
7. Opening Ceremony Reversible OC Silk Varsity Jacket: A new, satiny take on Opening Ceremony’s beloved varsity jacket, the souvenir style is going even stronger now, and it’s ideal for easing into balmy nights.
8. Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer: Get primed for the last holiday of the summer, literally. If you go a little too hard, Too Faced’s pre-makeup remedy is infused with hydrating coconut water and elasticity-boosting revivers. You can also go minimal and wear it alone for skin with a dewy finish.
9. Ray-Ban Wayfarer Folding Flash Lenses: Ray-Ban’s gradient flash lenses are new (and super-summery), and the folding feature is surprisingly useful when you want to travel light or, more likely, when your fun in the sun drifts into after-hours darkness.
10. MRM Liver X with BioSorb Daily Liver Support & Detoxification Formula Capsules: This is the pill you take in anticipation of that imminent hangover that actually works. Seriously, people swear by it. Be honest with yourself: You probably are going to have more than two drinks, so pop this before popping bottles.
11. CannaCeuticals Restoring Eye and Lip Gel: This stuff, imbued with Edelweiss plant stem cells (which grow in the Swiss Alps) and cannabidiol (CBD), is an instant refresher that tightens up the area around your eyes and smooths your lips, both with a cooling effect.
12. Group Partner Dark Tanlines Pot: Be rebellious and plant something at the close of summer, not the beginning of spring. These tan lines will look summery no matter the season.
13. Stirrings Simple Mojito Mix: It’s never too late for a summery cocktail, and this good-to-go mix is made with key lime juice, cane sugar and the flavor of spearmint to deliver an instant mojito that might make you feel like you’re hanging in Havana, circa 1925, if you like to romanticize this sort of thing.
14. Garbage TV Stay Cool Pillow: “Stay cool” when you need to crash wherever after a long long weekend. Or just throw this wacky, frayed-edge pillow on your couch to spice up your home décor.
15. Elixinol CBD Oil Extract X Pen: With 1000mg in a single pen, each click dispenses 15mg of CBD Hemp, which won’t get you high but will relax you into a deep slumber when it’s finally time to get back on an earlier schedule.
16. Moon Juice Brain Dust: Odds are your brain might be a little fuzzy come Tuesday morning. Think of this as the whimsical, all-natural equivalent of Adderall, sans that cracked-out feeling. With gingko and maca, it promises “superior states of clarity, memory, creativity, alertness and a capacity to handle stress,” ideal for going “back to school.”