What’s not to love about a pool party? Like soaking-wet white T-shirts and flaming shots of 151-proof rum, it’s one of summer’s greatest carefree pleasures. It’s also an excuse to get drunk or high outside in the middle of the day, peacock around nearly naked, sans judgment (at least relatively speaking), and passive-aggressively push people into a body of water under the pretense of good, wholesome fun. Now that the sun’s still up at 8 p.m., it’s time to get in on some chlorine-centric action, whether you’re pretending to be a guest at the swanky hotel pool, tagging along to a friend of a friend’s blowout or hanging in your own backyard.
1. Stampd New Angels Oe Snapback: Put an end to the East Coast-West Coast feud once and for all with a cap that loves New York and L.A. equally.
2. Undercover Pouch with Patches: Bigger than a wallet and most definitely not a man purse, this loud-mouthed leather pouch will hold your gear, cannabis-related and otherwise.
3. Off-White Mesh Short: Virgil Abloh’s (a.k.a. Kanye West’s creative director) label Off-White has been getting a lot of buzz as for their sporty yet avant-garde basics. Enter an upgraded pair of basketball shorts, more laidback than actual swim trunks.
4. Le Specs Black Thunderbird Sunglasses: Sunglasses are necessary, whether you’re hiding a hangover or hiding from the sun, especially ones that aren’t so expensive you’ll be heartbroken if they get stomped on. These matte-black aviators are classic with a modern twist.
5. Milk Makeup Cooling Water: Milk Makeup’s caffeine-packed gel stick keeps selling out, so snap up this mineral-rich eye refresher while you have the chance.
6. Wander Beauty Wanderout Dual Lipstick in Jet Set/Vacay: Model Lindsay Ellingson’s travel-inspired new beauty line is surprisingly solid. Start your day off with a soft, semi-neutral lip and then turn it up to a brighter hue after sunset.
7. Triangl Catia Bikini: There’s something so much more fun about a mismatched bikini than one that’s perfectly coordinated. Play mix-and-match with this neoprene set.
8. Charlotte Olympia x Agent Provocateur Leopard-Print Silk-Satin Headscarf: The collaboration between this leopard-loving accessory designer and seductive lingerie label is spot-on, and this scarf presents an easy way to up the poolside glamour.
9. Medusa’s Makeup Eyeliner Paint: Combine the overt ridiculousness of zinc oxide with summer’s intensely colorful eye makeup trend. Swipe it on your lids, or anywhere else you’re into, and don’t think twice.
10. Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera: The ease of a 10.0-Megapixel digital camera and the instant gratification of printed photos is a win-win. This camera isn’t waterproof, but who’s actually swimming anyway?
11. Ban.dō Swan Float: Every pool party requires a campy decoration or two, and this super-elegant giant swan does the job. Plus, it’s functional. Buy at least two to fully outfit your pool.
12. GoPong Floating Beer Pong Table: Speaking of functional, objects don’t get more useful than a float that doubles as a built-in beer pong table. Toss it in, and let the bros do the rest.
13. Slowtide Lover Towel: Founded by three friends who were weary of boring beach towels, Slowtide collaborates with artists and photographers and manipulates pixels to create eye-catching motifs.
14. Stussy Vapur Water Bottle: If you’re a guest, you’ll want to come prepared with your own stash of spiked something. Tip: If you spot a wayward water bottle at a pool party, verify it’s not (or is) laced with molly before taking a swig.
15. Weber Q 1200 Portable Grill: A compact yet powerful grill will serve you well because the last thing you want is a bunch of cannonballing revelers who are complaining about the dearth of hot dogs.
16. KushyPunch Taffy: A party, pool or otherwise, isn’t really a party without some proper candy. If you can get your hands on these award-winning edibles, spring for the sativa to keep the energy up.