While the first “spring break” took place in 1935 when a Colgate University swimming coach brought his team down to Ft. Lauderdale to train, and they brought their non-swimmer friends, it wasn’t until MTV started broadcasting their annual Spring Break special from Daytona Beach that it really became a thing. A very wet-T-shirted, very Florida-centric, very deliciously tacky thing. We also have spring break to thank for the Girls Gone Wild explosion, circa 1997; a certain production assistant named Joe Francis was inspired to start filming girls flashing cameras in Ft. Lauderdale.
But spring break never dies. It just reincarnates itself, so proceed to go south and be stupid. As James Franco famously says over and over (and over) again in the classic Harmony Korine film Spring Breakers, “Spring break forever.”
1. Hummingbird Medicinals Green Crack Flower: In case the name doesn’t say it all, this strain is created to induce high levels of energy and uplifted feelings, while eliminating stress and fatigue.
2. Integra Boost 2-Way Humidity Regulator: Bring along a few of these convenient moisture-absorbing packets to keep your flower fresh, especially if you’re hitting a beach where humidity is in the air.
3. Sweetflag Journey Pipe: Sleek and portable, this pretty, rose-gold pipe has a unique swivel lid so you can pre-load it before you hit the road.
4. Stussy Stock Desert Camp Backpack: You’re going to need something to pack your shit in, preferably something brand-new. Here it is.
5. Rhode Island Novelty Inflatable Ice Cream Cones: Toss these oversized soft-serve cones into the water to create a more festive pool scene, then jump in before you melt.
6. CLSC STS Water Bottle: You’ll want a rude water bottle on hand for some much-needed hydration, or more likely, booze.
7. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo: You’ll definitely be needing a proper detox after your escapades, but for now leave the cleanliness to your hair and employ the use of dry shampoo to avoid wasting precious time in the shower. Unless, of course, you’re really making the most of it.
8. Rave Hip-Pack: Fanny backs are absurd and simultaneously quite useful. Embrace the very subtle absurdity of this one and keep your stash close to you all long weekend.
9. Super By Retrosuperfuture Tuttolente W Gold Sunglasses: Now that James Franco in his most pivotal role is on your mind, it seems only natural to throw a pair of really intense neon sunglasses into the mix. Cornrows optional but not suggested.
10. HUF Fatigue Cargo Shorts: You’ll appreciate a pair of shorts neutral enough to wear the whole time without looking crazy and camouflaged enough to not show signs of dirt or other unseemly substances.
11. Puma x Fenty by Rihanna Sneaker Boot: Sneaker boots might seem like a weird choice to pack for the beach, but when you’re getting into all sorts of trouble in and around the sand, you’ll want your toes covered and feet elevated.
12. Guess Originals x A$AP Rocky Guess Club Cap: A$AP Rocky is paying homage to the glory days of Guess with his latest collection, including these baseball caps that will help you pay homage to the glory days of spring break. The best part: They come as a set of two, one for you and one for your favorite partner in crime.
13. Budweiser Beer Label-Print Triangle String Bikini: Now is not the time to be classy. Now is the time to turn your boobs into ad for the King of Beers. It’s not for attention. It’s for a laugh.