Contrary to popular opinion, summer’s not over yet! August is the number-one month for kicking back and doing nothing, preferable on vacation somewhere awesome, which is why few things in life are as envy-inducing as photos of celebrities on holiday. But we can’t all go paddleboarding in Sardinia (hello, Orlando Bloom) or yachting with Joan Smalls and Anja Rubik in St. Tropez. Enter the staycation (who remained decidedly less nude). While some maintain a staycation is defined by checking out while staying home, checking in to a swanky hotel in your own city makes for a true staycation done in style. Especially if that hotel offers poolside bungalows. Regardless of whether you’re living it up beneath a cabana, hiding out in the suite, or keeping to the confines of your couch, you want accoutrements to help you feel as relaxed as possible.
1. Maison Martin Margiela Replica Beach Walk Candle: This blend of coconut milk, musk, bergamot, lemon, and pink pepper was specifically designed to transport you to a salty, sandy beach – and it actually kind of works!
2. HUF F**k It Pour Over Brewing System: Heed this single-cup brewing system’s stern words and let responsibilities fall by the wayside while you sip your favorite coffee.
3. American Heiress: The Wild Saga of the Kidnapping and Trial of Patty Hearst: A beach read even if you’re not at the beach: Check out Jeffrey Toobin’s new book on all the prohibited exploits of one of the country’s most famous rebel girls.
4. Red Flower Italian Blood Orange Isla Das Rocas Revitalizing Sea Salt Scrub: South Atlantic sea salt, along with magnesium, calcium, and potassium (all aquatic minerals, by the way), will slough off dead skin and leave you feeling ready for new adventures.
5. Kumi Kakoon Classic Travel Set: Whether you’re traveling or not, a silk-filled charmeuse pillow, throw, and eye mask will make you feel like you’re retiring at a five-star hotel.
6. Wildings Yoga Badlands Mat: A little zen can translate to an instant vacation. If you don’t have the patient for a full-on vinyasa flow, then a little stretching translates to a lot less tension.
7. Chong’s Choice Cannabis: Ensure your staycation is packed with some homegrown flower power, made easy with the renowned Chong’s own line of cannabis. Choose between pre-rolled joints or eighth jars, in your pick of indica, sativa, or hybrid, depending on what kind of vibe you’re going for.
8. Integra Boost 2-Way Humidity Regulator: To quote Slink Johnson, “Nobody likes dried-out buds. Nobody.” He’s right, so keep the consistency of your buds balanced with Integra Boost’s two-way humidifying packets.
9. Tom Ford Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil: Count on ever-decadent Tom Ford to grant you an addictive oil that smells like an expensive St. Barts vacation (Saline is the best beach on the island) and gives your skin an otherworldly glow.
10. Fete Champetre Fleur Bustier: Keep it fresh and invite some whimsy on your romantic staycation with a bra-turned-crop top adorned with daisies. Wear it with little else while chilling inside or kick it up with something high-waisted for a night out.
11. Puma x Rihanna Lead Cat Slides: They’re back! Rihanna’s beloved pool slides are ideal for low-key hanging, and their goofy-chic furriness means they will happily transition into Indian summer territory.
12. Reigning Champ Midweight Slim Sweatpant: Can you really relax without sweatpants? Of course the answer is yes, but a good, simple pair helps the cause.
13. Recreator REC Varsity Crew T-Shirt: Take it as an abbreviation for recreation, which is what you need, or Recreator, a brand that’s mastered making super-soft hemp T-shirts. This one is specifically designed to keep you cool.
14. Grown Alchemist Grown Travel Kit: The botanical-based Australian brand keeps their products clean and effective. With everything you need to effectively get clean, this kit will be helpful both at home and when pretending to jet-set.
15. Want Les Essentiels De La Vie Kenyatta Dop Kit Washbag: Speaking of being grown, a high-quality dop kit means you’ve entered adulthood. Or you at least have a place to store all those travel-sized products.