Sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll: A time-honored tradition that also serves as a tried-and-true formula for feeling generally badass. It’s also the overtones of HBO’s Mick Jagger-produced Vinyl, about a hustling, hard-partying record executive at the dawn of punk, disco, and hip-hop. The 1970s are pretty much perpetually having a fashion moment, but this year unofficially marks a retro revival record. Now that it’s Record Store Day (April 16) and music festival season, from Coachella to Governor’s Ball to Bonnaroo to Lollapalooza and beyond, it’s a better time than any to get nostalgic—and perhaps partake in some friendly debauchery, no musical talent required.
1. WGACA Vintage The Vandals Gun Concert Tee: If you’re going to rock a classic concert T-shirt, original is the only way to go. Suck up the stupid-high price for the sake of authenticity. Just make sure you’ve actually listened to the band you’re advertising first.
2. Vans Vault OG SK8-HI LX: Paying tribute to Vans’ most iconic styles, in honor of their 50th anniversary, this veritable rainbow in sneaker form is only for the more audacious of sneaker heads.
3. Hot-As-Hell Lovely Lace-Up Dress: Festival-ready and Devon Finestra (a.k.a. Olivia Wilde)-approved: This dress projects just enough lingerie influence. It’s also designed to wear front or back, so you decide where you want to showcase the lacing.
4. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Polish in Vibrato: Dylan went electric in 1965, and you should follow suit with your manicure, though high-voltage blue nails won’t ignite quite as much controversy. To really take the theme literally, it’s an ideal shade for the upcoming Electric Daisy Carnival.
5. Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Color-Enhancing Lipstick in Noir Revelateur No. 16: A different kind of vinyl entirely, this black rose oil-infused formula goes on sheer and results in a mauve tint.
6. The Avenue of the Stars Black Leather Racer USA Flag Jacket: The Land of Opportunity has its share of batshit-crazy problems, but at least you can legally smoke in 23 states, plus Washington D.C., in one form or another. Let’s show our support with this ironically patriotic jacket.
7. Haze Event Party Pack: This portable vaporizer kit is herb-, oil- and wax-friendly and comes super-compact and complete so you can get high just about anywhere.
8. Audio-Technica Wireless AT-LP60 Vinyl Record Player: Forget the pretentious types who only listen to vinyl, even though they were born decades after the age of the 8-track. A record player is a great option to have on hand, especially one that’s Bluetooth-compatible, automatic and accommodating to wireless speakers.
9. 1000 Record Covers: Even if you don’t collect vinyl, you can stock up on a hefty number of quintessential album covers, thanks to this Taschen book.
10. R+Co Death Valley Travel-Size Dry Shampoo: Off to Coachella or Neon Desert? Dry shampoo might seem counterintuitive for thirsty desert air, but R+Co’s is made to give your hair big, wild, rocker hair—or it can just refresh dirty hair.
11. Stussy 8-Ball Clock: Let the eight ball tell you what time it is. This clock would be right at home at American Century Records’ headquarters.
12. Voco Pro JamCube 2 Home Karaoke System: Sometimes the most cringe-worthy propositions turn out to be the most fun. Enter the at-home karaoke machine.