Does the mere thought of spending a week without your smartphone send you into a full-blown panic spiral? If so, it’s time for you to detach from your device, at least temporarily. The best way to begin a technology cleanse is to remove temptation completely and spend a few days completely off the grid. Go hiking, go camping, go glamping if you can afford it. Just don’t go anywhere near an Apple product. Spending time in the great outdoors will reacquaint you with nature and remind you how it feels to be goddamn human being. So pack your bags, stock up on edibles and escape into the wild unknown—for the weekend, at least.
1. Radiate Portable Campfire Lighting a campfire is hard, and occasionally humiliating. Bypass the kindling and the angst with Radiate’s Portable Campfire, which provides three to five hours of warmth.
2. Mota Medicated Beef Jerky The great outdoors are infinitely more fun with this THC-infused beef jerky from Mota.
3. Yohji Yamamoto Pocket Ashtray When smoking outdoors, safety is key. You don’t want to be one of those assholes who smokes a joint and burns down an entire forest.
4. MiiR Wine Bottle This genius portable bottle keeps your wine of choice chilled for more than 24 hours.
5. Outdoor RX Stainless Steel Carabiner Mug True design lovers know that there are some seriously amazing bargains to be had on Amazon Prime. These carabiner mugs are the ideal marriage of form and function, for less than $10 a pop.
6. Outdoor Voices Beach Towel A perfect, cozy beach towel from the cult active wear brand Outdoor Voices.
7. Herschel Supply Co.Novel Camo Duffel Bag This classic duffel is perfect for camping or schlepping your gym clothes.
8. Orca Blaze Orange 20 Quart Cooler Impress the whole campground with this Orca cooler, complete with adorable whale tail latches.
9. How to Break Up With Your Phone by Catherine Price The pre-eminent self-help book for the iPhone-obsessed.
10. Free & Easy ‘Relax’ Tee A simple, yet poignant graphic tee from the LA-based streetwear label Free & Easy.
11. Brain Dead Safari Hat Shield your neck from the horrors of the sun with this strangely appealing safari hat.
12. Byredo ‘Tree House’ Room Spray If tree houses smelled more like woodsy Parisian boutiques, this scent would be spot-on.
13. Yang Li Camo Print Trousers When you can’t choose between classic slacks and army fatigues, Yang Li has you covered.